1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Manhattan bassists/musicians!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mksolid, Feb 27, 2006.

1. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Hey fellas, I hope to move to Manhattan soon and I was wondering how you guys go about practicing (with the close confines on all). Do you just get one of those small amps and use headphones? Also, for joining a band... where does the band usually practice?

2. I think People don't often practice in Manhattan usually, lol. There are rehearsal spaces for rent out of the actually city, I remember ones in Brooklyn & Queens for sure. But I haven't been back east in a while so...

Good Luck!

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    There are rehearsal studios all over the City for around $15 - $30 an hour. You can pick up a village voice for free on just about any street corner and look in the music section. They list a whole bunch of them.

I live in an apartment, and I either play low through my amp, or I use one of those tascam bass trainers with headphones.

You can also search for musicians or bands at www.nycmusician.come , www.villagevoice.com (in the classifieds), or check the studios bulletin boards when you get there.