1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Manley EQP-1A

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by macbassman, Mar 2, 2008.

1. macbassman

macbassman

Jul 28, 2005
    I'am after a parametric EQ and one of the options is the Manley EQP-1A.
    I've read the online users manual but how can I get my bass connected to this unit. Do I have to use the FX send and return on my amp or is there a possibility that I can connect my bass directly to the "in" on this unit?
    If I have to use the FX send and return on my amp, Hevos 400D, I can only dial in 50% wet and 50% dry bass sound. This is good for keeping low end with a distortion but I'am not sure if this is a good solution for an eq.
    I wuill use the eq mainly for altering my sound during songs and not for permanent sound sculpting.
    Besides an eq I will be having a rack mount compressor and a rackmount distorion unit for "making" my sound.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It has a Hi-z input, but it requires a signal level higher than the direct output of most basses. Read page 6, item G in the manual. Basically it is not compatible with your Hevos. You will have the same problem with the compressor. Maybe Hevos can mod your amp to allow a 100% wet option?

Edit: Also, if you are going to use it for changing sounds during/between songs, a pedal would make a lot more sense than a rack unit. If you search here on "parametric" you'll find some suggestions. I think there's a new one in one of the NAMM threads that looked really nice. And another thing, $2K is too much IMO, even if you have champagne taste. If you want a rack parametric there are some stellar units which cost a quarter of that price.

3. macbassman

macbassman

Jul 28, 2005
    Because of the price, altough in euros the price is far more better, I said one of the options.
    What you are saying is exactly what I was afraid off!! I will look for another solution!
    Thanks Bongomania for the quick response