SOLD Manne Moab 'Special' - Master Grade 5 String Bass (Reduced Price)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzyitalian, Jul 20, 2018.

1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Price:
    $1525
    Strings:
    We acquired this Manne MOAB 5-string last year as a trade-in for one of our Buscanti bass guitars. If it weren't for the fact that I already own another Manne Bass, I would keep this one as well. This bass is in excellent condition.

This is called “Moab”. It’s one of Manne's flagship model. There are several video demos of the Manne line you can see on You Tube. You could expect to pay $3,200 if you were to order one today. I am pricing this one to hopefully sell fast.

What’s uncanny is that not only was the YouTube demo made with this VERY BASS I’m selling, but….the image on the Manne page is also of this VERY BASS as well. You couldn’t get more star struck than that!

Andrea Ballarin the owner, began his work in 1987. Since that time, they have produced nearly 3,000 guitars and basses sold worldwide.

The Manne Moab has a master grade Italian walnut top over korina body. It has a nice inlay that runs down the body. The “Master Grade” relates to the high-end woods and electronics used.

The neck is Manne's signature Beech wood laminate with Ash wings topped with a thin phenolic fretboard. The pickups are dual coil soapbars custom built by Manne, hooked into a Glockenklang preamp with active/passive switching.

The build quality is next to none, superb. The sound is very full and even across the entire board.The thin phenolic fretboard gives a precise attack without dead notes.

Shortly after acquiring the bass, I installed an inlay on the 12th fret. It’s a bookend of real mother of pearl with a real abalone stripe in the middle. Other than that detail, I did nothing further to the Moab.

I took many photos and on one picture you’ll see a dark mark near the bottom strap pin. This is NOT a defect or a crack, or a split. It’s nothing more than a natural dark coloration in the wood grain.

The Demo is made by Steve Araujo of the BassHang. (Please ignore his mispronunciation of the Manne company name. Manne is pronounced “Man-Nay”)

Here are the Specs:
    Scale:
    34"
    Nut Width: 1 31/32" / 49.9mm
    String spacing: 18mm
    Strap Locks: Dunlop
    Weight: 10lbs, 5oz
    Frets: 24 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
    Fretboard radius (15,75").
    Truss Rod: Double way working truss-rod steel bar
    Neck Profile: Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape for comfortable play.
    Finish: Satin finish on body and satin finish on the neck
    Strings: Elrick Nickel
    Headstock: Tilted back
    Pickups: 2 MANNE custom made humbucker soapbar
    Bridge: MANNE Bass Bridge
    Tuners: Wilkinson
    Case: MANNE monogrammed Gig Bag

* Handmade in Italy. Completed in 2007

Pay Pal is the word. Price (Originally listed at $1,675 now down to $1,525) includes shipping to anywhere in the USA. Manne Gig bag included.

Here's the 2 demos done on this actual bass:

Here's a link to the Manne company Page:

MOAB 5 Active Mastegrade | Manne

Here is a link to over 30 photos!
    Manne MOAB 5 - Google Drive

And here's one photo for the Avatar:

Thank you!

Attached Files:

• 1.2.JPG
      1.2.JPG
      File size:
      47.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    agrover, marcwhy, tommyr01 and 2 others like this.
  2. I'm not a 5-string guy or I'd be all over this. I have a Manne Soulmover and it's a fantastic and it's an impeccably made bass. Manne's secret weapon is their neck. It's the least sensitive to weather changes that I've ever seen in a neck, zero dead spots, and it's slightly asymmetrical design makes it extremely comfortable to play. GLWTS!

Sallemans64 and jazzyitalian like this.
  3. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Couldn't agree with you more. These basses are incredibly well built.

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Trades?

5. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry..Already traded something else for an SG Short Scale. I'm not in the market for anything else. Just offering a great price on a handmade in Italy bass.

RussT likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021