Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MANOWAR - Joey DeMaio best bassist ever!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by paz, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    joey is the best bassist ever in the world ne one who has heard sting of the bumblebee live will know it, no one can play faster or louder. 70 18 INCH SPEAKERS in his live set up played at full volume, f'n loves it. that manring guy and that hippy jaco guy can only wish to be as good.

MANOWAR RULES

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    So, which is it--too much, or not enough medication? :eyebrow:

In other news--This thread is now about homemade marshmallows

Ever wonder where marshmallows come from? Well, here is a fun and tasty way to find out. These are great for the holidays packaged in colorful cellophane or just for dessert. Food coloring can be added for rainbow marshmallows! Have the kids help- they are sure to get a kick out of it!
    What you need:

2 1/2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
    1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
    1 cup light corn syrup
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
    Confectioners' sugar for dusting

What you do:

Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in an electric mixer with whisk attachment (you can whisk by hand if you do not have the attachment). Let stand 30 minutes.

Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a small, heavy,saucepan; place over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar crystals.

Clip on a candy thermometer; raise heat to high. Cook syrup without stirring until it reaches the firm-ball stage (244 degrees). Immediately remove pan from heat.

With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin. Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes. Add vanilla; beat to incorporate.

Generously dust an 8 by12 inch glass baking pan with confectioner's sugar. Pour marshmallow mixture into pan. Dust top with confectioners' sugar; wet hands and pat it smooth.
    Dust with confectioners' sugar; let stand overnight, uncovered, to dry out. Turn out onto board and cut marshmallows with a dry hot knife into 1 1/2 inch squares, and dust with more sugar.

YUM!!!!

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

He's good, but best ever is a bit of an overstatement. Fastest/Loudest doesn't equal bestest to me.

Besides, I know there is faster... possibly louder too.

But as far as over the top cheesy metal, Manowar is pretty top notch.

Blow Your Speakers with Rock N' Roll.

Squittolo likes this.
  4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I really should be playing "Under The Bridge" by RHCP right now, because that's where all the coolest trolls hang out....

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Ha

7. Troll. :scowl:

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I'm interested in the marshmallows. Tell me a bit more about corn syrup - I'm wondering what suitable ingredient would be easily available in the UK :D

BTW, how is volume a measure of skill. Give a monkey enough equipment and he can clear the jungle....

Wulf

9. Kyuss80

Kyuss80

May 11, 2004
    Panama City, FL
    Manowar sucks.

10. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey.. Weren't you the genius that flamed the upright forum?

and I quote: "Bows are gay"....

EDIT. Checked your bands website, it appears you have been eviscerated from the Biographies page. :crying:

11. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not only is he the best bassist EVER, he's also stunningly beautiful. Ooo-wee!

[​IMG]

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Manowar's Philosophy: Metal is just an excuse to wear skimpy leather clothing leaving little to the imagination.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I wonder what cup he has... :D

14. Looks like a small B.

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    ME LIKEZ MARCHMELLOS