Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Manring's New CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, May 5, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yup, there's a thread about it over in the Manring/Lawson forum. I've already ordered my copy.

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Between this and the Bass Trio CD, May is shaping up to be a good month for us Manring fans! :bassist:

3. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

My copy came yesterday. If you have not yet ordered this...do it today! It is truely amazing, wondrous, provocative, inticing, imaginative, inspiring, beautiful, dazzling, and, most of all..musical.

I was really quite honored to notice my name pop up a couple of times in the liner notes ("the prepared acoustic bass guitar dude!").

Michael has once again done an amazing job, and ,once again, has further extended the musical range and definition of the bass guitar.

Max

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    *sigh* Damnit. I really, really, really want this CD...I guess I'm gonna have to wait on buying Portrait in Jazz for a while so I can grab this and get Mike Dimin's CD and book!

Is Music for Armchair Funambulists on it? I downloaded that and Selene from Manthing.com and it's just...incredible. Completely blows my mind. All bassists could learn a lot from listening to this guy.

5. I just ordered mine!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    What can I say, the guy is sick!!!! 2 minute teasers just won't cut it.

I just ordered myself up a copy! :bassist:

7. I'm gonna hold off on buying a copy 'cause I don't want to listen to it during my road trip out west... you know I'd crash!

:D

8. Quite possibly the best solo bass CD in the universe.

Buy it. Now!

Mine hasn't left my CD player in 3 weeks. I'm still finding new things in it.

I saw the CD Release Party performance. Though the sound system wasn't very good or wasn't set up properly, the performance was amazing. I have some photos but they're not as good as my iMusicast photos:
    http://www.chromatic-fantasy.com/2003-09-28-michael-manring/index.html

- Dave

9. yes, it's true. Michael Manring is The MAN!

:cool:

:bassist:

10. Oh yeah.... But not only that.... I reckon Mr. Manring has set the standard by which solo bass recordings are made. viz his using magnetic pickups, cermamic piezo pickups to record finger noise, Rode mics to pick up acoustic noises and stereo placement of the recordings. Just brilliant sounding music combined with a brilliant sounding recording.

Two words: Awe some

11. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Excellent photos, Dave! I envy you for getting to see that performance.

I still kick myself for missing Michael's visit to Portland several months back. :bawl:

You know that there is hardly a week where I don't sit and listen to Book Of Flames in awe.

12. [​IMG]
    MICHAEL MANRING IS THE NEW METALLICA BASSIST!!
    WOOT!!!!

:bassist:

:D

13. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida