1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Manson Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crazyeelboy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Does anyone here know much about Manson basses? I know that Hugh Manson makes basses for John Paul Jones, but I don't know anyting more about them. I have come across a very interesting (and expensive) Manson bass and I'm trying to figure out whether it is worth the price of admission.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    We have one in the family - a beautiful spalted top fretless four. Magnificent workmanship, and Hugh is a great guy.

3. Ken: Thanks for the response. What kind of prices do these instruments command? The one I am thinking of is very expensive (although it is a very specific instrument), but I have no information to go on as to what kind of market value attaches to a Manson. Any thoughts?

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    No idea, I'm afraid...

5. That's the problem - the association with JPJ seems like a good thing, but there aren't enough of them out there to determine whether they have any market price. Anyway, thanks for the comments.