Mantic Density Hulk vs Mantic Hulk

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist96, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    Hey!

Has anyone tried the new Mantic hulk? Has anyone tried both and is able to do a comparison? I like the small footprint of the Hulk so hoping it compares well! Or if you can recommend another sub pedal that would be great!

Cheers

2. Daniel DeRubis

Daniel DeRubis

Apr 15, 2018
    Also interested in this. The Price of the meatbox and some other flaws in similar ones has me on this.

Veldar likes this.
  3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Similar ones?
    How much does the meatbox go for now?
    Needless to say, I too am interested in Hulk!

4. Daniel DeRubis

Daniel DeRubis

Apr 15, 2018
    Cog T16, Boss OC-2, etc. Meatbox could be found for around 250-300. I literally just ordered the new Hulk (from eBay - hope it comes with the green knobs!) For 180 shipped. Why not.

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Interesting.
    Hulk is still made. No?
    I like the idea of getting one!

6. Daniel DeRubis

Daniel DeRubis

Apr 15, 2018
    Yeah the hulk is still made. Got mine, really love it. I have a pedal guy that works out of a nearby practice space. If he can make a clone for me I will probs off my Hulk.

Bassist96 likes this.
  7. Melvin7822

Melvin7822

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I actually like the Hulk a lot better than the Density Hulk. There is a stronger output on the Hulk compared to the Density Hulk. I also like the flexibility of the added internal kill dry switch for when I'm sending the sub directly to the PA.

The Density Hulk can be modded for these features and will get dirtier at higher output levels when modded for higher output.

Bassist96 likes this.
  8. Daniel DeRubis

Daniel DeRubis

Apr 15, 2018
    Will say I did love the Hulk. Did get a DOD Meatbox for a good price and sold the Hulk. One thing I really loved about the hulk is how it handled. Super smooth.

The DOD starts to get wonky when everything is maxed. However, dialed in just right it is ridiculous how much it sounds like one of those "how did I live without this" pedal.

9. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    You wouldn't like either when they are angry...

:wideyed:

Bassist96 and BrentSimons like this.
  10. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    I'm not very bright. Why would one want to kill the dry signal?

11. Daniel DeRubis

Daniel DeRubis

Apr 15, 2018
    Its not killing the dry its giving the dry a separate channel to the PA.

Veldar likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021