Mantic Hulk

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Karlo.kc, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Karlo.kc

Karlo.kc

Dec 16, 2008
    Croatia
    Juan Alderete posted this photo today on his facebook page:

39580692_1383282888472148_5715895270978355200_n.jpg

Also, Simon Francis posted photo of the same pedal a few days ago on his Instagram profile.

This seems to be a simplified version of their Density Hulk. Only level and sub controls with dry and wet outputs (second one is on the left side of the pedal - between Mantic logo and a metal bar).

Very stooked about this!

2. Karlo.kc

Karlo.kc

Dec 16, 2008
    Croatia
    Available for pre-order: Hulk (PREORDER) | Mantic Effects

From the website:

Bigger sound, smaller box! The Hulk is an update on our very popular Density Hulk subharmonic synth.

The controls have been streamlined to save space, as most people only used the 30hz and 60hz controls as "set and forget". They are still accessible, however, via internal trimpots. The default setting for both is max.

The max output volume has been increased.

An internal switch allows the footswitch to act as a "kill dry". This feature is for users who desire to run sub direct to FOH but don't want their uneffected signal to pass when the pedal is disengaged.

Unlike other updated sub pedals, we managed to keep the dedicated dry output on this model as well as offer a smaller footprint.

superheavyfunk likes this.
  3. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Killer pedal! I'm glad to see Mantic is still offering it... Im especially glad that they kept the dry and wet out.

4. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    i think i want this.
    have been looking for a good sub pedal other than meatbox.
    and since density hulk is a bit larger than what i want, this may well be it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Karlo.kc and JimboP like this.
  5. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Commercial User

Jul 19, 2012
    The Mantic guys are class.

adamaarts and jazznrick like this.
  6. mmhmm

mmhmm

Mar 16, 2018
    I just received this and have been trying it out. It keeps making a pretty audible popping sound whenever I turn it on or off...is this normal? I've been troubleshooting by moving it around in the pedal chain and a few other things but no change. Anyone else's pop? Is there anything that can be done to eliminate it?

7. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    I’ve gotten this pop before on some true bypass pedals. I don’t think there’s a way to fix it. I’ve read before that if you click it a few times once powered it should eventually go away, but you have to do it each time it’s power cycled. But that process never worked for me on those pedals.

That being said, I’d take a video of it and send it to Mantic to see if it’s normal or not.

Hopefully it’s not normal and they can fix it. That’s very off putting, especially since this pedal is on my shortlist of pedals to get.

mmhmm likes this.
  8. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I till think , I want this.

adamaarts and Karlo.kc like this.
  9. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I use a cusack pedal tamer for pedals like this . Or put them in a loop and leave it on.

But only if the pedal is worth the hassle. This one probably is

adamaarts and mmhmm like this.
  10. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I use a cusack pedal tamer for pedals like this . Or put them in a loop and leave it on.

But only if the pedal is worth the hassle. This one probably is

11. adamaarts

adamaarts

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    I’m sure it is

12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I have a Flex Pro...and I love it. It doesn't fit many settings but when you DO find a place for it...

adamaarts likes this.