1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Manual for 75 AMPEG SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nighttrain1127, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I did many searches and it brought up everything SVT except what I am looking for . this is the one with the power rocker on the front and the standby toggle on the back.

Thanks for the help

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hard to find. There's not one online. Got a specific question?

3. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    I've got a pdf of the '73 Ampeg catalog but the SVT looks different than you're describing. I can post it here if anyone's interested and can tell me how to do it.

http://www.ampegv4.com/manual.php has one online but it also appears earlier than yours.

4. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    i have a '75 SVT (as well as a '69 & 2007-VR), as far as the controls go, all of them are the same, so even a new SVT-VR manual would show the front panel's features and operation. is there anything specific that you're looking for?

5. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I know what the switches and all that do I was just wondering if the ultra deep changes the frequency control point of the bass Knob or somehow just boosts the very lows and at what point does it add or when run in the - position subtract.

6. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NYC via StL
    I have one that I can send you. However, I don't know how to make attachments on Talkbass. If you PM me your email, I'll send it that way.

Dave.

7. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    I know anecdotally and through playing with mine that it boosts the real deep stuff and actually cuts some low mids. It's a "programmed" slope and doesn't change what the knob does - although since you're modifying a pre-set the cumulative effect may be different.

The amp is fairly straightforward, and there are many, many people here who own them...you don't need no steenkin' manual! :D

8. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Just thought it might be nice to have .