1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

manual for Acoustic 140 ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gintaras, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    Just traded a spare PC for an acoustic 140. Thought it would be a good spare in case my Hartke 3500 got sick. Well I don't play the Hartke much... This thing sounds great and is loud!!! I searched on this site and all the links that I found were dead. Does anybody know of a site that caters to these old heads.

It sounds great by itself but it also sounds wonderful with my Sansamp BDDI. In fact anything hooked to it sounds great. Last nite I put a McQueek compressor/equalizer in front of it and loved the sound coming out of it.

Also, I need to replace the power cord. Can I use a standard 3 prong computer cord to fabricate a replacement?

I am a midlife newbie (15 months). Remember these from my previous bass life and amazed how they have survived.:hyper: :hyper:

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Go here: http://acoustic360.homeunix.net/

I would love to have an old Acoustic amp. I was able to check out a 150B a while back and that thing was awesome through my Trace 2x15 cab. It was just a really sweet tone and loud as h... :p

3. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    thanks for the link !!! I just took it out of the case to spec out the new power cord installation. It was 2/3 empty. It it wasn't such a classic, I would put it in a much smaller box.

4. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro