Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Manual for Alembic Superfilter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BFunk, Sep 28, 2002.

1. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Anyone have a copy of this manual?

2. I do...email me and I can send it; many, many pages.

3. ok, I think I want one now... :eek:

4. ha! Thinking of working a bit of "banjo" or "bad transistor AM radio" into your industrial goth tunes are we....?

5. No, my guitarist might want it for that. I want it for the ultra low and low mid growl settings (the industrial bass tone I use is almost exactly like a dub tone but with more lowmid emphasis and clarity).

6. I have actually been trying to work the SF-2 into my rig, meeting mostly with only limited success. With my M2000, DBX120XP and BBE it just hasn't been useful. My Mesa doesn't go nearly as deep as I need it too but the SF-2 just eats up power and and headroom and frequently "peaks" out my system. I may try it again later w/o the DBX and BBE but I am seriously hooked on that subharmonic synth; can't gig w/o it. Too bad my stupid Mesa doesn't give me a 30hz slider, only a 50hz one so my tone ends up a bit on the "shallow" side at times. Methinks I may have to sell it soon...I am tired of banging my head against the wall with this thing. A new M-Pulse 600 may be in my future.....
    :(

7. Mesa heads don't have much lowend, IMO... I like ampeg and SWR heads for lowend, If I could only have the girth of an SVT with the tone and clarity of an SWR. Ah well

8. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Ashdowns have massive low end, which is some of why I want one. As a bonus, they have a subharmonizer included.

9. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Sounds like you are looking for an Aguilar.

10. Could be..but I need something in 2 rack spaces that is completely "contained." That DB359 would not be loud 'nuff for me? I have heard allot about how "deep" those new M-Pulse Mesa heads are. Apparently much more than the M2000 series which is more for "punchy" thumb-style playing. I have heard they grind up nicely...???