Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Manual for SansAmp Bass DI?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrbaloo, Feb 27, 2003.

1. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

I'm looking for a manual for SansAmp Bass DI (note: *not* the Bass Driver version). If any of you have got this manual I would be very happy if you could scan and send it to me via mail.

Thanks!

/MrBaloo

2. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
    Email or call Tech 21..

They can probably help you with that.

They've emailed me a manual before. I've heard other people say they've mailed them manuals.

It's worth a shot :)

--Jon

3. I'm trying to attach the PDF version of the BDDI manual. Tech21 sent me this manual...

But when I asked for a GT2 or Classic manual, they didn't bother replying...TWICE!

Okay, I had to change the extension to TXT to get it to upload. If you want to read it, change it back to the PDF extension.

4. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Thanks! But I don't know if this would be of use for me. I'm looking for the SansAmp Bass DI (original) manual.
    /MrBaloo

5. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Thanks for your scanning-work, but this SansAmp Bass Drive DI (SBDDI) manual is already published abowe.
    I'm however intrested in the original SansAmp Bass DI (SBDI) owners manual; the one without tone-knobs outside the DI-box.

/MrBaloo

6. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    I guess I'm on drugs..
    di = stomp box (no mid, etc)
    rbi = rack mount (with mid, etc)

do you meen the xdi?

why dont you go to tech21 website and give us the propper name for the product you wish to obtain a manual for.. it will help us, help you ;)

7. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
    He's talking about the predecessor to the current sansamp bass driver di.

Tech 21 made another version before the current one with the pots inside and everything.

I still suggest he contact Tech 21. They're responsive.

8. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Hi

Thanks for clearing up the missunderstanding in this thread. I have (i.e. I think I have) been pointing out that the box's name was "SansAmp Bass DI" in almost every contribution of mine to this thread.

I've sent an e-mail to Tech 21 and I'm looking forward for a reply.

/MrBaloo

9. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Rabid Granny - I recently asked for the PDFs for the BDDI and the GT2 from them. They sent me the BDDI manual very promptly, but they told me they LOST the file for the GT2 and they are currently re-creating it!!! How ridiculous!!!

10. Ooops...sorry. I just saw Sansamp BD and a DI and a couple other letters so I thought I'd post it up. Oh well...hey, many other people looking for manuals will stumble across this thread.

YEAH, I was asking Tech21 for manuals for the Classic, GT2 and TRI-AC 'cause I was thinking about assembling a solid-state guitar rig. They didn't tell me there was a problem until my third email request.

The official word is that the folder that contained the PDF's was deleted while they were away at the NAMM show. They said they'd email me a copy when they could. I'm going to check back with them in a few weeks.

11. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Update:

I've just recieved a copy of the owners manual from Tech 21 via e-mail. :p

/MrBaloo

12. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    Ok. I forgot to attach the manual sheet. Here it is!

/MrBaloo

13. Hey! It's just like the BDDI except it doesn't have treble and bass controls. Do they sound the same?

14. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    I have not tested the BDDI so I can't tell you any experienced differences in sound. But by going direct into my - medium sized - PA system, this little box gave me a really good bass sound with the default settings. :)
    By turning the effect off, the sound just felt really flat with no dynamics... Okay, it wasn't bad sounding w/o effect, but I'm allways going to use the effect when playing via the BDI.

/MrBaloo