Many Fender Amps exists, but ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotRoded, Dec 5, 2003.

1. HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm in a market for an amp to play my Jazz Bass V through, and since I have tried the Fender bassman 100, I have decided to go Fender even if they are not the most talked about/popular, because it gives this big growling sound I'm looking for. So far this is the tone I have found that I like most. Of course you may disagree.

But would like to go slightly bigger. The problem is I do not find a shop that carries the bassman 200. I have tried the new 400 PRO, which is not bad, but for that price (around $1000), there are other alternatives, which are:

- Bassman 400 combo (previous model) + 115 cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 115 cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 115H cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 215 cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 410H cabinet (but I think I like to have at least one 15)
    - ?

Dilemma: that bothers me to buy something I haven't tried / compared, and that also bothers me to buy something knowing that for the same price, maybe I would have preferred something else...

Any advice or experience appreciated, thx.
  2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I can't recommend a specific Fender amp, but Musicians Friend/Guitar Center has a very liberal return policy if you find you don't like your purchase. Of course you will be out shipping.