Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Many Fender Amps exists, but ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotRoded, Dec 5, 2003.

1. HotRoded

HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    Maryland
    I'm in a market for an amp to play my Jazz Bass V through, and since I have tried the Fender bassman 100, I have decided to go Fender even if they are not the most talked about/popular, because it gives this big growling sound I'm looking for. So far this is the tone I have found that I like most. Of course you may disagree.

But would like to go slightly bigger. The problem is I do not find a shop that carries the bassman 200. I have tried the new 400 PRO, which is not bad, but for that price (around $1000), there are other alternatives, which are:

- Bassman 400 combo (previous model) + 115 cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 115 cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 115H cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 215 cabinet
    - Bassman 400 head + 410H cabinet (but I think I like to have at least one 15)
    - ?

Dilemma: that bothers me to buy something I haven't tried / compared, and that also bothers me to buy something knowing that for the same price, maybe I would have preferred something else...

Any advice or experience appreciated, thx.

2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I can't recommend a specific Fender amp, but Musicians Friend/Guitar Center has a very liberal return policy if you find you don't like your purchase. Of course you will be out shipping.