Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Maple and mahogany bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FractalUniverse, Apr 25, 2003.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    I have decided that i'm going to buy a maple(top) and mahogany body for my bass, but i want to know if someone have soundclips or experienced that config for a body. (with dimarzio js and moses neck)

Thanks

2. I think Gibson Les Paul basses might fit that bill, at least a flame maple one anyway. The standard ones are possibly just mahogany. Of course, I'm not entirely sure, so check out the Gibson website.

Why are you so set on that combination?

3. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Thanks for the reply!
    I think it's because i have heard good things about that config in this forum, and here in chile, it's hard to find the well known woods that almost everyone knows here in talkbass. But I have found a place where i can get maple and south american mahogany for good prices. About the sound, i need lots of bottom and mids(from the mahogany) and clear punchy highs(maple).

anyway i have found also that wooten's bass is made of that config, i think thats the kind of sound i want(i know that in that case emgs are a big part in his sound, but i think there's a big presence of wood in his sound also).

That's all thanks! :D :bassist: