1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Maple Jazz neck, J/P Body, EMG's, Schaller tuners, more!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by pharaohamps, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    SOLD! Thanks to justabass!

Parting out my old faithful - turns out she's worth more in pieces than together.

1. Mighty-Mite Jazz neck, one piece maple. No fretwear that I can spot, since she's had flatwounds installed since day 1. Neck is straight and slim, and plays wonderfully. Truss rod adjusts correctly, adjustment is at the headstock. 20 frets. Has a chrome string tree installed. Will include the neck bolts. MAY require the bolt holes to be re-drilled for installation on a Fender body but fits okay on my MIJ Jazz as-is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$85 shipped, or $130 with #2 installed:

2. Chrome Schaller BML tuners. These are the vintage style tuners but with the smaller "Music Man" style plates. Currently installed on #1, above but will separate.

[​IMG]

$50 shipped

3. Gotoh 201 bridge. Solid, good compromise between a vintage Fender bridge and something more massive like a Badass. Has the advantage of still looking almost stock. No wear, chrome and screws are all like new. Shown on all the body pics in this post.

$25 shipped

4. Hybrid J/P body. Alder Jazz body routed for a P pickup, with a Warmoth tortoise guard included. Originally an SX body, I believe - it has an SX neck plate at least. Has an extra rout under the control plate for a 9v if you want to go active. Body is in good shape, but has some clear epoxy smears on the back from a previous owner's mods. Also has one ding on the front which wouldn't photograph, and one on the back that's shown below. Control plate is included but the pots and jack belong with #5, below. Add your own pickups, neck, bridge, etc. Not everybody likes EMG's, but they sound great in this particular bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$125 shipped

5. EMG PJ set. EMG-P and EMG-LJ pickups, plus wiring harness (pots, jack, battery snap.) The pickups are NEW. I had an older PJ set installed in this bass (old brown epoxy EMG's) and the J pickup went south. I replaced them with this set and only have about 6 hours on it total since then. The control set is older, but the pots are smooth and work great. Also, the knobs are all the same size, since I hate the small tone knob on J basses. Just my thing, I guess, but I don't have a small knob to put on here.

[​IMG]

$125 shipped, or $225 for the body and pickups together.

Not looking for trades - just don't need this bass and so parting out. I will happily ship overseas for a bit extra, PM me if you need a shipping quote. I'll also accept PayPal and eat the fees.

Thanks,
    Matt Farrow

2. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Added more stuff, and pics.

3. mhahn123

mhahn123

May 11, 2006
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hey Matt,

That bridge would probably help my son's MIM P-bass. We're down

just south of Charlotte, maybe meet to save on shipping. I do pay

pal, just get back with me.

Mike

4. justabass

justabass

Nov 7, 2006
    Nashville TN/Old Hickory TN
    Endorsing-Trace Elliot,Peavey Basses,PedalTrain,Starkey inears
    pm sent

5. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    On hold for justabass!

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    good, I was hoping someone would pick that up. Too nice a bass to piece out. :D

7. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    PM'd w/ questions

8. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Is the Gotoh 201 available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.