Maple/maple neck from ebay.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rick Martin, Jun 27, 2001.

1. I just installed one of those Maple/maple replacement necks that you see on ebay from a shop called Magic Dragon. It had all of the holes pre drilled and it fit right onto my '99 MIM Jazz. In fact the fit into the heel pocket was so snug that I had to gently pound it in with the heel of my hand. It's in there much tighter than the factory neck was. The bolt holes lined up perfect. The tuner holes lined up perfect, but I drilled the little holes on the back of the head stock out a little so the screws wouldn't strip or break off. This new neck is pretty sporty. It has P bass dimensions and it sounds really nice. Snappy and bright and Maple like. A good deal for $85 including shipping.
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Does it have a lacquered gloss finish, or a satin finish?

Does it have a truss rod and also those graphite stabilizing bars, or only a truss rod?
  3. I believe it is a satin finish and the headstock is not finnished at all. There isn't much of a description with this neck and it doesn't say anything about stabilizing bars. It does have a truss rod with the typical hex nut at the top.