Maple Necks? P-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jul 26, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey, ive been looking everywhere to find a maple neck p-bass. when i say that i mean maple fretboard. Anyone know where i can get one? or somthing similer to a maple neck p? and what is the deal with maple necks? how come there not as widely used as rosewood or some other wood?
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    actually they are very popular on basses like stingrays. Fender just doesnt make that many maple neck basses for some reason...
  3. extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    You can get maple fretboards on current Fender American Series P's,'57 RI P, MIM Deluxe P Special, and the new Steve Harris sig P-bass. There are quite a bit fewer maple fretboard P's than rosewood P's, but they're still relatively easy to find!

Check out these current Ebay auctions:

76 P sunburst/maple

76 P white/maple

75 P black/maple

You get the idea (hint: search ebay)...there's lots of stuff out there if you dig around a little!
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Sweet! i forgot about ebay. Thanks guys.
  5. I have a '00 Fender MIA P with an Ash Body and Maple fretboard and love it! I walked into my local guitar store (Charlottesville Music, VA) and saw it on the wall. They actually have another one identical to it in stock now. or 434.973.5859 and tell the CL sent ya! They'll hook you up.