Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marc Decho on Mark Dresser Bass Duo

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Marc Decho, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Hey Y'all, i'm a brand spanking new member here, very nice to be in such great-elite company, just wanted to say a little while ago I saw Mark Dresser perform a duo contrabass performance with my teacher John Geggie here in Ottawa and was changed for life, I thought I played my bass to rough (two broken bridges and many broken strings later) but man! Mark beats the s*&t outta that thing!!! fabulous player, huge growly tone, and all around nice guy, I e-mailed him with a few questions and he e-mailed me right back with much helpful advice...a true gentleman and a scholar, been listening to much of his work as well and think he's right at the forefront of composers as well, i'd be interested in seeing how his pickup system works as I heard many scary bass effects throughout the performance....mind you I spoke with John and he said they were just going through the P.A with nothing else ??

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Welcome to the fold!

Dresser does some pretty cool stuff, for sure.

3. thanks for having me Ray ! i'm also very curious as to how far cats like Bertram Turetzky have taken it too, I'd love to see him live 5 feet away from me and see where he's taken the instrument lately... wondering if anybody has seen him or attending one of his "life-altering" masterclasses