1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Marc Kelley

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I've been watching The Jimmy Fallon Show lately and I've grown aware of Mark(c) Kelley. Mr. Kelly is using a Warwick 5 string Star. I don't know for sure if its the I or II Star. Does anyone know his rig? I definitely saw Ampeg behind him during the very brief closeups of the band.

2. Chief2112

Chief2112

Aug 31, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    I just became aware of Mark Kelley. He absolutely killed on Fallon tonight playing with John Legend. They did a cover of Springsteen's 'Dancing in the Dark'. Fight the urge to laugh because it was pretty impressive. Very jazzy. I swear The Roots can play ANYTHING! Mark ripped it up on the stand up. Amazing. Start looking for videos online soon if you haven't seen it.

3. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I've been watching him for a few months now and I think he is playing his warwick's through a Ampeg micro stack...... with two cabs. The guy and the band are top echelon IMO.

4. DevinWard369

DevinWard369

Apr 30, 2012
    Utah
    I want to know more of mark Kelley. The roots are sick. Lately it looks like a black fender four string. I wonder what that honey five string he had was. Maybe an ltd.