Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marchlewksi Status Check

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SharkB8, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    All you Marchlewski (soon to be) owners weigh in. Have y'all heard anything about progress or delivery on your instruments? Get any new photos? Change your specs? Just put in an order?

2. Shark,
    It appears and you and I keep singing in the same choir!! :p

I talked to Jake yesterday about upcharging my order to include wood knobs and a gig bag. He was a man of few words. I think he wanted to get off the phone and get to work. :meh:

You and Akito and Dirty Road Cola should be RIGHT on the eve of getting your basses. Make sure you give me a heads up when you get it.

3. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    Z4J,
    I finally dropped a call to Jake (yesterday too!), he was extremely busy (from what I gathered). In my very brief conversation, I was unable to ascertain when I was going to get the bass. More than likely sometime in November. He's scrambling to get back in the swing of things.....

I'll definately keep you informed...

4. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I've been staying out of Jake's hair as I've got my own problems (midterms, tests, general college ridiculousness) to deal with. I am glad you guys are checking on it, though, as I keep a lookout for Marchlewski posts on the board daily :) I was expecting sometime in November anyways.

5. Well, instead of January for my bass, maybe I'm looking at February for its arrival.

It's okay.....it's okay.....I can do this......I can wait......I'm strong.....
    I'm patient......

:help:

6. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    Another couple weeks gone by....anyone got anything new to report?
    Hello?
    Bueler? Bueler?

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Operators are standing by. Call 1 800 555 JACK............Daniels, that is!. I can sympathize. Hang in there guys.

8. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL

Hey Shark,
    I'm too intimidated to bother Jake, I don't want to slow up the process..I was hoping one of you guys would pony up and do it! ;)

Hopefully we'll get them before Thanksgiving..

9. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    DRC,
    I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping someone else would take the shot this time. I guess time will tell. I too hope by Thanksgiving.....we shall see.

10. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    hahahaha!!! Ill do it! Ill go by tomorrow and take a camera. Everything was looking great about 10 or so days ago... Ill let you know what I find out. Im buying a gr-20 from the store for my midi equipped bari, so I have to pick it up. Im on the list for the first of the year, so I will be feeling your pain in a few months. :)

11. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I should probably have mine sometime end of next week, but I am by no means putting a strict time table on it. My main concern has always been ending up with a quality instrument. I think my bass is pretty odd, I'll be interested to see if anyone besides myself will end up thinking it's striking or if most will want to put it on the "what were they thinking?" thread. I wanted something that would be uniquely mine, and I'm pretty sure that's what I am going to get.
    The devil is in the details. This is the first time I have ever bought an instrument without playing it first. I'm optimistic and a bit anxious, but confident it will all work out.
    I asked Jake the other day if I was going to be a happy bass player when I opened the case for the first time.
    He said, "Oh yeah, you're going to be veryhappy...."
    We'll see!

12. Akito,
    The pics of your axe on Jake's website are killer! In fact I have one as my computer wallpaper - it's very close in design to the one I commissioned.

I'm in the batch AFTER all of yours, so I really don't have a right to call Jake. He would tell me, "It's that block of wood over there, now leave me alone!" I think one of you guys expecting SOON should call!

Jon, I can't wait to see what your pics look like. Post them SOON!

13. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I am waiting with baited breath.

14. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    Thanks Jon!!!!

[waiting patiently]

15. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    just talked to him... Im going on friday... he said hes been sanding since early morning...

its just detail stuff now guys.

Akitos is done, it is waiting for a switch and then it will be setup and sent out. Ill have picks tomorrow.

16. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    score.

17. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    What's that URL again?

18. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    Pj,
    http://www.marchlewskiguitars.com/
    There are a few in progress pics (although very old) in the NEW section. Akito's bass is second row from the top.

Jon,
    BIG THANKS!!!!

19. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Those are SCHWEEEEET!!!!!

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Mal's bass is insane! I REALLY like that one. They're all nice, but his is crack!