Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marchlewski gasss......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Sep 6, 2004.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Ok, now that I've seen the Marchlewski's here and am now extremely gassing over them, I have to ask the guys that own them to describe their tone and playability.

2. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    I had mine built to be a cross between my Ric and my Zon. The maple board makes the notes pop out and is fairly forgiving in terms of intonation. I am not a huge fan of the scooped sound... I always prefered a little midrange and grit to my tone. I rarely touch a knob on this bass, I just tap coils and pan to individual pups in passive mode. I always find myself reaching for that bass when I have a tough spot to record or an important gig. It has Aero pups in it, but Im going to go with some Nordstrand pups for my next one.

3. Just seen one of these, the back of one anyway, on the show the back of your bass thread, first time I've seen one, telll me more!!

Tony

4. Did a search, now I've got GAS

Tony

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    They look so good, I am starting want one so bad it hurts. Or maybe 5. I really am glad I can't play one first hand, I'm afraid they might sound as good as they look then I'd be doomed.

6. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I'll have some thoughts to chime in hopefully before long. Good things come to those who wait.... :D

7. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Hey, whatever happened to your singlecut Marchlewski? Is it finished? Pics please, if it is... or not, if I got the wrong guy.

8. Yeah, that bass is done, I think. He posted pics in the "Post pics of basses from lesser known luthiers" thread.

9. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
  10. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    That in my opinion is the best looking single cut ever made.Be mean to us all and tease us with some sound clips. :hyper:

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That's a great looking bass. What is the ghost pickup system?

12. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    Its a piezo system from graphtech that has a great acoustic tone and converts to a 13 pin midi system. Ill try and get some soundclips up... I have been slammed recording a classical christmas CD... I play violia also.

13. hey wolfehollow,

what's the bridge and nut spacing on that bass?

14. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL

He built those custom for this instrument. I do not have the exact dimensions but it is somewhat similar to a classical guitar. Ill measure it when I get home. It is a piccolo bass of sorts tuned A-A. I can play it with a pick, regular 2 finger technique, fingerstyle... it really worked out perfectly for what I wanted.

15. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    I will have one on the way in a few weeks (according to Jacob) too.....

Can't wait!!!! :hyper:

16. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    New Pics!! Ill put them in the threads they belong too.

17. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
  18. I have a 5-string singlecut unlined fretless coming from Jacob! Woods are pretty much picked out. It should be ready in January...according to Jacob.

Here's the figured walnut top with the stabilized bubinga fingerboard....

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Woohoo! There will be a Marchlewski in Dallas I can check out!!!:D