1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Marco Bass VD-04 FS Neckthrough!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fulltimebassist, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey TB'ers!

Same story, different bass. Gotta thin the herd out for some new gear. This bass is very dear to me, I hope someone out there can enjoy it as much as I have.

For those of you who don't know about Marco, he is a small builder who is building some amazing basses out of Oregon. Many people consider these basses on the same scale as Fodera/Pedulla/Alembic etc.

Here are Marco's specs on the bass. . .

MODEL: VD-04
    4-Strings Thru-neck
    BODY: Black Walnut (body), Alder (core) & Red Maple (back)
    FINGERBOARD: Purple Heart
    NECK: Curly Maple
    HEAD: Maple & Black Walnut
    PICKUPS: 2 Humbuckers MARCO BASS

It's important to note that I've added a Bartolini active preamp with a Volume/Pickup Blend/Treble/Bass. Marco's handwound pickups sound excellent in the original passive setup, but I needed some more control for the playing I was doing at the time. You can either keep it in, or easily take it out and have an extra preamp around.

$2400 + shipping with a hardshell case.

If you want to know more about Marco's work, check out his website.

http://www.marcobassguitars.com/

AND make sure to check out some of his other work in the TB Marco Bass forum.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/marco-bass-guitar-club-part-1-a-632156/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Marco is THE man! I'd encourage anyone to look into him and this bass. I've not played the VD
    models, but I'm sure it's incredible like all of his others.

3. +1 Marco's work is fantastic, and he couldn't be a better guy to work with. He stands by his work proudly and is a master of customer service.

4. Friday Bump! This bass is rad!

5. Check this bass out bump?!

6. Price drop to $2000 plus shippin!

This includes an SKB hardshell case for shipping.
    I've been holding this bass for a local buyer over the last 6 months, and he's just notified me he can no longer purchase this bass. PM me for any questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.