Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marco Panascia -- jazzbass72

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Damon Rondeau, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
  2. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sweet Jesus.

That Bb blues is smoking.

edit: aww, it slowed down for Marco's solo. I was SURE he was going to pull a NHOP and burn it. Hahahaha

edit2: he did! Holy crap, what a solo

3. anonymous8547j7d7b

anonymous8547j7d7b Guest

Jul 1, 2005
    REAL nice stuff Marco! Love your solo phrasing (Grampa Brown lives on:D - great to hear). Be sure to let me know if your gig schedule ever brings you to sunny Scotland.
    Jay

4. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Thank you Jay :) I've lived in Edinburgh for 6 months, back in 1995. Where are you based in Scotland?

I am touring Europe with Eldar in March... we're playing in 6 different countries, but sadly, the UK is not one of them. I am really looking forward to going back to London and Edinburgh in the future.

-Marco

5. anonymous8547j7d7b

anonymous8547j7d7b Guest

Jul 1, 2005
    I'm through in the west, about 15 miles beyond Glasgow. Shame you're not coming here with Eldar (is he actually an ancient Elf?) - he can play a bit, can't he? I'm gigging in Edinburgh this weekend, so I'll say "hi" to the old place for you;) .
    Jay

6. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I really enjoy Marco's playing as well. I aspire to be a player like that.

There are lots of great TB DB'ers on that link for as all to drop jaws over.

7. Pcocobass

Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    Damn Marco,

You swing so hard man! And you're playing with Lewis Nash! DAMN!:D

Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to me!

Pete

8. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Thank you so much Pete,
    that's very kind of you. ;) So, when are we hanging out in the city? Let me know about your next gig in any of the 5 boroughs, and I will be there if I am not working that night.

-Marco

9. Pcocobass

Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    Hey Marco,

I'm playing tomorrow night (Thursday) at Detour. If you're around it would be great to see you. Maybe you can sit in and show me how it's really done!

Keep me posted on your gigs too, man. I'd love to get together and hang and play some bass duets.

Pete

10. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Hey Pete,
    thanks for the heads up... unfortunately I can't make it to Detour tonight, but hopefully I will be able to make it to your next gig. I keep an updated gig schedule on my website, so feel free to check it out and stop by if you're in the city when I am playing.

The bass duets idea sounds great! Hope we'll get a chance to play soon.

-Marco

11. Pcocobass

Pcocobass

Jun 16, 2005
    New York
    Definately sounds good Marco. I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

Pete