1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Marco TFL 5 JJ custom NYC spalted maple / maple neck passive Jazz Bass green burst gloss finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RedMoses, Aug 2, 2017.

1. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Price:
    $1300
    Strings:
    Sup TB,

As you may know, I am a big fan of Marco Basses, after playing all of his offerings at 2 different NAMM shows i had him build me a 4 string (Carrot Cake) and a couple years later i had him build me a 5 for project that did not last very long. I kept the 5 for a couple years but i dont use it, im moving on Oct 1st and i need to move her out before then.

This is a Marco custom TFL 5 string, the body is a blend of a P and a J style, the Bass is very light weight and a hair under 8lbs. Its a 34.5" scale, this gives you a super tight B yet doesn’t feel too different from a good old fender Bass. The pick ups are two Marco J hand wound passives, aside from build quality Marco is known for excellent pick ups you cant get anywhere else, I had Marco cover the pick ups in Maple. There is plenty of room in the control cavity to add a pre-amp if you desired. The finish is high gloss, including the neck, even the fret board and frets have high gloss finish over them, sounds weird but feels great. The body is Alder, top is Spalted maple with a sort of green burst finish, the headstock is painted matching black as well. Hipshot tuners and Bridge in satin black. The feels fabulous, it’s the familiar Jazz neck feel with a touch more meat to it.

There are some blemishes here and there from regular use but nothing major, neck is clean, no gashes. Head stock has most of the blemishes.

Ill be taking some more pictures soon, perhaps throw on some fresh strings and make a video.

Im looking for $1,300 (Delivered) or best offer, Marco’s 5’s go new for $2,100+ with these options.

The only trade I would consider is a Martin from Nazareth, preferably the M36
    Marco Basses.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    emjazz likes this.
  2. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    Very nice. I played a bunch of his TFL's at Namm and was blown away by the build and the sound. To get a boutique jazz 5 string at this weight and price is a bargain for sure! GLWTS.

RedMoses likes this.
  3. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Got some interest but no one has sent payment yet...

At this price you wont find a more quality instrument, i figured by starting off at my lowest price it would sell FAST, kinda of surprised its still here.

IMG_2110.JPG IMG_2112.JPG IMG_2113.JPG IMG_2114.JPG IMG_2115.JPG IMG_2116.JPG IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2118.JPG IMG_2120.JPG

4. KOKEN

KOKEN

Dec 13, 2016
    Singapore
    Hi I am interested in Marco bass. Are they still available?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021