1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus M., George Duke, David Sanborn - to me this is epic!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Besides the awesomeness of these players and this song...
    The keyboard player, in the opening - beginning, is using a breath controller on the synth (that sounds like a sax).

PauFerro, FilterFunk, hs123 and 2 others like this.
  2. I miss George Duke:unsure:

JimK, Bob_Ross and jerry like this.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Miss George Duke too. The other guy, I can't recall his name but he's a bad dude on the keys. He's played with Me'chele N'Degeocello. Frederico something I think.

4. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    I saw them open for George Benson, whom I’m a fan of, but they should have followed instead. They seemed to be having a blast and had a ton of energy. George Duke, RIP, was awesome and really funny with the crowd. And between them, what a catalog to draw from!

JRA likes this.
  5. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Can't get enough of it. Very competent. I spoke to David Sanborn a few times on a cruise, and he's a great guy. Love George Duke's solo -- the way he starts it out and actually sounds a bit like a guitar with that Roland Keyboard player. It was like he ran out of keys to bring his solo to a peak.