Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller 4 Jazz in Subiurst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 2, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Does anyone have pics of a Fender Marcus Miller 4 model in sunburst? Its impossible to find any!

2. I'm almost 100% sure they didn't make a MM sig in Sunburst.

I think it only comes in natural.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Check your sources, brah. Its made in Natural, Sunburst, and Olympic White.

~Patrick

4. [​IMG]

Here ya go

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh my god that's hot.

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    My jaw is on the floor right now. I'm trying so hard to resist selling my Stingray for one.

~Patrick

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I played Cheezewiz's new natural MM jazz yesterday, it is a killer bass. Fender Japan cannot be beat for the money, best in class IMO.

8. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Now that's a pretty Jazz, if there ever was one. The maple fretboard does a great disservice to it, IMO. I tend not to like maple FBs on any basses.

9. pools

pools

Feb 28, 2004
    oh my god !!!!xcentral34x i know what are you thinking i'm in the same position. i've the indecision of selling a stingray for a marcus miller, am i doing right ??...!!!!!
    my mind is exploding please help!!

10. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    anybody got a picture of the olympic white?

that's a dandy lookin' bass!

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    That sunburst is sweet. I would have preferred mine in burst or white, but they are exceedingly hard to find, while the natural is fairly easy. Im guessing a great deal many more naturals were made. Don't get me wrong..the nattie is nice..but that burst...WOW.

12. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    The blue sparkle? Are you INSANE?

I mean, um, please let me know if that blue sparkle becomes available. It is of course quite horrible but I might offer you a small bit of change for it.

13. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    do a google image search for Fender "marcus miller" (no not put quotes around the entire phrase. I found pics of white, sb, and natural. Great looking basses. Still thinking about it, but I would have to play one first.

a pair of Fralins and a OBP-1 preamp...then it would really rock! :bassist: (of course it would also be over $1100 at that point :bawl: )

14. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I had a Sunburst Marcus Miller with the U-Retro preamp in it. Killer bass, but I sold it to make way for something a little more "killer". As much as I liked the Marcus, I'm not certain I would have traded away a Sting Ray to get one.

They'r edifferent beasts, but the Ray would be more to my liking.

Peace,

James

15. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I would take the Marcus Miller over the Ray. Really not a MusicMan fan.

16. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Sunburst finishes can be iffy, but the one's I've seen on the MM are uniformly good.

17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Then its no MMsig :rolleyes: He has a '77 Jazz, ash body with maple board, and a bit of mods: the pickguard, the Badass bridge, electronics,... He also has a MMsig 5 that Fender made for him, also in natural; a fretless Fodera 5, spalt maple top and a bass from Ken Smith (though I have not yet seen him play it live). Do you see any sunburst or olympic white basses listed among these? no? then they only look like they were MM sigs, but he actually didnt play them, so they wouldnt deserve to be called MM sig :spit:

18. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    One more thing: the pickguard is all black, not chrome :spit:
    Fender may be marketing this as a Marcus Miller signature, but Marcus has not much to do with this bass

19. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    The pickguard on my sunburst was all black. I believe that is the case with the one pictured on this thread also. There appears to be a rather intense reflection that makes part of it look chrome.

Peace,

James

20. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I thinks its a pretty safe bet in saying that not everyone on here is buying a MMsig or even a Geddy sig to play the same instrument that those cats play. Their's are american originals and their signature instruments are not. If I were to buy one of these instruments it'd be because they offered something visually or auditory that I wanted and nothing more. :meh: