1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus Miller and Stanley Clarke at Atl Jazz Festival!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JohnL, May 5, 2010.

1. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Just fyi for those in the vicinity of the ATL over the Memorial Day weekend, Marcus is doing a tribute to Miles on Saturday night, Stanley plays on Sunday night. Esperanza Spalding also performing!

http://atlantafestivals.com/?page_id=44

2. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    I saw Esperanza two weeks ago and Stanley this past Sunday night, here in Austin. Both shows were killer!!! Definitely check them out if you can.

dee

3. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I'll see Esperanza at the Capital Jazz Fest in MD in a few weeks.

4. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Oh, and some new band named Spyro Gyra will be there as well...;)

5. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Update: Well, didn't get to go Sunday to see Stanley, but Saturday was fabulous. Esperanza Spalding was amazing. Sadly she was paired with Raydar Ellis, who kept trying to get the crowd into his rap and hip hop routine, which wasn't flying at all. Everytime Esperanza took the mic however, you could feel the crowd pick it up, and she was every bit as good as advertised. I can't decide if I liked her voice or her playing better! Marcus and his band just killed it, and it was good to see him playing in the ATL for a crowd bigger than the Playhouse or the Roxy. He just lays down the fattest grooves in the business, and I could have listened to them play all night long!

6. hey guys, I just wanted to say that my dad and I went to a jazz festibal in downtown Jacksonville acouple of weeks ago. We got to see Spyro Gyra. They were great! Then, we hung out for about 45 minutes to see who was coming next. The next band to come out was a tribute to Grover Washington Jr. with Gerald Veasley on bass. I could not wait to see it. Great show they put on. We left after Gerald played his bass solo. Man, that guy has chops. Overall, it was a good saturday. :cool: