Marcus Miller bass question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maui-san, Jul 2, 2004.

1. I went to a Marcus Miller concert yesterday :cool: , it was amazing!!!

But I noticed something on the back of his bass' headstock, his 4 string fender. There was some kind of metal extention underneath the A-string tuner. It looked like a detuner of some kind, but I would expect that under the E-string tuner.

Does anyone know what it is?
  2. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003

From Marcus when someone asked the same question

3. Thanx G!

Wow, so Marcus can slap, pop AND adjust his string action at the same time during a gig :D .
  4. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003

I remember him saying that on tours he sometimes raises the action after so many gigs to make him work harder
  5. I could have spoken to him personally, and ask him myself.

There was lotery at the gig, for two jazz basses. One MM4 sig and a Windmill custom jazz both handed to you and singed by Marcus.
    There were probably 1000 people, I was with my girlfriend so my chances were 4 to 1000.

And of course... I didn't win.. :(
  6. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey maui-san

I take it was the Rotterdam gig you went to see?
    I had a friend who went see him last and met up with him for the sound check... Lucky bugger
  7. Yes G. it was the Rotterdam gig.

Great venue, not to big, so it was nice to see him from such a close distance. And a good sound too. Lucky friend you have! The venue (the nighttown) is not to far from my home. If I had the time, I would have taken my bass to the nighttown, see if he could sign my bass.
  8. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Yea, I noticed it too at the venue I went to at DC (holy ****, I have never seen anything like that; and I have seen Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, and John Myung live. Marcus Miller owns the electric bass).

I didn't see it on his Marcus Miller 5 string or what looked to be a 5 string fretless Ken Smith.