Marcus Miller Bass - Refinish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basspla915, Mar 28, 2018.

1. basspla915

basspla915

Mar 28, 2000
    Auburn, Maine
    What do you think of my re-finish work on my MM Jazz? I wanted to remove all covers on the front with just a metal cover for volume/tone controls but previous owner installed Sadowsky preamp and placed the battery cavity on top....Before and after shots....

Tbone

Attached Files:

2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    I like the "naked" look. Cover is still big, but not as huge as the pickguard.

3. I like it. How does it sound with the Sadowsky pre?

4. MMiller28

MMiller28 Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Since you asked...I prefer the original. The screw holes on the refin are killing me.

5. Blueszeppelin

Blueszeppelin

Mar 4, 2018
    I like it.

6. Bassbeater

Bassbeater Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    I like it with less pickguard, but I think it would look nicer painted or very dark stained.

7. gelinas666

gelinas666 Guest

Sep 8, 2009
    The Smaller PickGuard is interesting. I modded the electronics in mine. Pickups and Preamp.I put a Fender Super55 in the Bridge position and I had an Original '77 from another bass for the Neck position.. John East preamp..Added a thumbrest.Got rid of the Reverse Tuners and installed some nice Schallers. And I redid the headstock too.. Sorry Marcus ,I dig the bass but not the mass produced signature's.:thumbsup: 20170916_075919.jpg

8. basspla915

basspla915

Mar 28, 2000
    Auburn, Maine
    Nice! I am partial to active basses and the Sadowsdy preamp is hard to beat....a lot of tonal variations....

9. basspla915

basspla915

Mar 28, 2000
    Auburn, Maine
    My feeling exactly!

10. basspla915

basspla915

Mar 28, 2000
    Auburn, Maine
    That is fair!

11. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    I always thought that bass had too much pickguard, but the refin leaves the part that I don't like. But if you like it, I'm happy for you

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I dig it. It's NEHKID!!!!

Seriously, I like it better than the yellowy orange color from before. It pretty much dead matches the board now too.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022