Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tplyons, Jan 12, 2006.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    On the Badass bridge on your Marcus Miller four string Jazz, does anyone have a G string notch that's off center, grooved to the G string is further away from the other strings? Or did mine just get grooved on a Friday afternoon?

2. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    Yes. My MM is exactly as you describe. But I think it makes the string spacing equal as a result. My strings also line up perfectly with the pickups' pole pieces. It looks a little odd of you stare at it, but if I was to file the slots myself, I would've done it the same way.

3. thewhitesheep

thewhitesheep

Dec 22, 2004
    same here. doesnt seem to have any effect on the tone or anything. i guess its alright

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wierd. I wonder why that is. I've never seen a Badass cut like that until I noticed it on my Miller.

It DOES line up over the pole pieces this way which is really wierd.

5. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    My guess is because of the 70's bridge pickup's location... Since it's closer to the bridge, the strings are further apart where the pickup is. The slots have to be cut accordingly.