1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus Miller CIJ or Amer Vintage 75 reissue?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paulorr, Jun 28, 2007.

1. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
    To anyone who has tried the both.

Would you perfer the Marcus Miller CIJ signature jazz, or the American Vintage reissue 75 jazz?

I know one is off shore, the other not. One is active/passive, the other not.

If you had to pick one over the other, which would it be?

PAUL

2. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    CIJ Fenders have many followers here on TB...Their quality control, according to a lot of people, is on par or better than MIA. As for Marcus Miller Sig, I love mine but people always believe Im trying to sound like Marcus...So I got some Flats on the way to get a different sound. You probably can't go wrong with either...I went Marcus for the added versatility of the preamp (which can get harsh with too much boost) but Ive been loving it for a couple years now.

3. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
    I picked up a very used Amer Dlx precision bass so I pretty much have the p bass sound covered ... I am a
    gassing for an Amer Dlx jazz bass plus something for the Marcus sound. Would be nice ....

4. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    Marcus Sig will get you very close to that sound obviously...I got mine for 750$ and a ding....They bumped up the price though so Im not sure Id pay 1000$ for a new one.

5. paulorr

paulorr

Apr 5, 2007
    Ouch ... used sounds good to me!!!

6. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    You know, that Amer vint reissue might appreciate/holdvalue better than the CIJ if that is part of the equation. If they are basses that you can actually play before buying, just play them and get the one that feels better to you. Preamps can always be added- out-or in-board.

7. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    what he said...

8. does anyone have a link to the CIJ Marcus Miller?....ive never seen it

9. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    they are all made in japan

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
  11. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    good point...Ill go with you on this one

12. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    :D woooo!

and, back on topic (sorry guys) while i like the marcus bass i prefer the us 75 reissue a lot more.

13. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    You're not allowed a happy dance over this though

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021