Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller fans, help me!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chris J, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Alright I downloaded this video called 'learn to play like victor wooten'. It's basically some guy playing a Stingray 5 tuned EADGC. At one part he plays a Marcus Miller song and I'll be damned if I can remember the name. Can anyone help me with this one?

2. I'm pretty sure the song you're talking about is "Power"

3. Yeah that's the one. I just found it. Thanks.

4. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    You have peeked my interest, where can I find this video?

5. I found it on kazaa lite. I typed in victor wooten and it popped up. Based on what I said above, if you find it you'll know it's the right one.

6. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ok, this vid is creepy. does this guy have something against talking?

7. yes , it is kinda creepy. He needs to relax. :meh: Nevertheless his playing is great.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I hated that video. It was a little creepy that we have to stare at a large man's midsection as he plays random bass licks and gives us the "no no". It didn't help me at all, but then again.. when I got it I already knew how to double thump/play marcus miller tunes.

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    speaking as a fellow fat dude. the shorts just aint happenin' :D

it would have been a lot less weird if he would have just said something.

10. But then his secret identity would have been revealed!!!! Oh well it made me remember to download more Marcus Miller material.

11. Has anyone else noticed that on the official Marcus Miller site he linked to TB? I thought that was kind of neat.