marcus miller fener signature model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Feb 1, 2005.

1. WOW. i jsut got back from playing sitting at a music store and playing this for about an hour...that is some nice tone, i jsut can't get over it, it might jsut be my favorite amp. This is a bart 2 band preamp in it right? are the pickups jsut stock fenders? i'm building a bass and highly considering ripping off this electronice configuration as it sounds so amazing. at least to my ear :)
  2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    marcus' bass has the bart preamp, fender MIJs have a fender preamp the pickups i belive that are wounded like '75 ones (could be wrong :confused: )
  3. I thought Marcus' J-bass had a Sadowsky preamp? I could be wrong too... :confused:
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Roger Sadowsky installed a bart preamp in Marcus' bass back when Roger was doing mostly repair / setup work.
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Marcus's own bass has a bart preamp modded by Roger. The sigs have Bart preamps.

Dangit, I'm slow.
  6. No, the Fender Marcus Miller Sig Jazz has a 2-band Fender preamp.

For the original poster, if you really wanted to use that preamp, you can buy it from Musican's Friend right here.
  7. i had read on marcus' sight that he had the barts, thats' why i was assuming that, but hey if the sig has the fender in it it sounds pretty damn good....i'll have to compare prices and see which ones cheaper :) seeing as how making basses cool costs a lot of money these days
  8. that is wonderfully affordable :) now to find a wiring diagram...