Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

marcus miller fener signature model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Feb 1, 2005.

1. WOW. i jsut got back from playing sitting at a music store and playing this for about an hour...that is some nice tone, i jsut can't get over it, it might jsut be my favorite amp. This is a bart 2 band preamp in it right? are the pickups jsut stock fenders? i'm building a bass and highly considering ripping off this electronice configuration as it sounds so amazing. at least to my ear :)

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    marcus' bass has the bart preamp, fender MIJs have a fender preamp the pickups i belive that are wounded like '75 ones (could be wrong :confused: )

3. I thought Marcus' J-bass had a Sadowsky preamp? I could be wrong too... :confused:

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Roger Sadowsky installed a bart preamp in Marcus' bass back when Roger was doing mostly repair / setup work.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Marcus's own bass has a bart preamp modded by Roger. The sigs have Bart preamps.

Dangit, I'm slow.

6. No, the Fender Marcus Miller Sig Jazz has a 2-band Fender preamp.

For the original poster, if you really wanted to use that preamp, you can buy it from Musican's Friend right here.

7. i had read on marcus' sight that he had the barts, thats' why i was assuming that, but hey if the sig has the fender in it it sounds pretty damn good....i'll have to compare prices and see which ones cheaper :) seeing as how making basses cool costs a lot of money these days

8. that is wonderfully affordable :) now to find a wiring diagram...