Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

marcus miller jazz bass fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andysvec, May 20, 2005.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    So I've ordered a jazz fretless neck from warmoth, and its at HG Thor now getting the epoxy treatment. My original plan was to put the neck on my 1975 jazz that I rarely play, but now am thinking of just getting rid of that bass.

So, this leaves me with my fretless neck that I need a body for. I recently came across a great deal on a MM bass that is going for cheap because it has a pbass neck on it instead of the original. I'm considering buying it and selling the pbass neck on it and installing my neck. I'm wondering how this bass would sound with my new fretless neck? Anyone here put a fretless neck on a MM before? Any thoughts on this?

2. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    That sounds really bad ass man.

3. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    I think I have it narrowed down to using my new epoxied fretless neck on this marcus miller jazz or on a complete Geddy body. (or if all else fails I may just get something in the showcase at warmoth and build something from scratch)

Anyone else have any comments on this combination?

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    WOAH! You read my mind. I was totally thinking about a MM bass with a fretless neck... Woah.