Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller Jazz: Olympic White & Sunburst?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oxblood, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Im sorry if this has already been asked but would anyone happen to have any pics of a Fender MM Jazz, either 4 or 5 string, in Olympic White or 3 Tone Sunburst finish? Im dying to see one in Olympic White... I think that would look so hot with the pearl blocks & binding and the black pickguard! Maybe Fender will start offering the Geddy in these colors soon, hmmmmmmmmm.

2. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
  3. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hmmmm, thats not half bad lookin'. Thanks for the reply.

4. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Yeah, but I've seen a lot better. Do a google image search on it and you'll find a couple MM fivers that are pretty astounding.

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I'm pretty sure somebody here on TB (sorry, forgot who) has a white MM with a precision neck. Look around in the 'bass nobody else has...' sticky, I think it's in there.

6. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

This is Bass Guido's MM5 -- one of the prettiest I have ever seen in my life.

[​IMG]

The pickguard that matches the inlays is what brings it home for me.

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

[​IMG]5er in shoreline gold.
    But the natural look will always be the sexiest.

8. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    find a 2006 fender catalog. there is a picture of some country star's bass player in there who plays a white mm jazz.

9. MCT

MCT

Apr 11, 2005
    Yeah I really dig the look of a MM V with a three tone sunburts. Check out any Matt Rubano pics. He used to tote one around.

10. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
  11. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Marcus Miller himself owns a Fender Custom shop version of his signature bass in Black with gold plating (including the control guards) he's seen brandishing that bass in that bass player interview from a few years back.

I asked him about that bass on his forum and he told me that that bass was a one off custom based on his old Aria Pro 2 Black and Gold bass since he loved the look of it so much. I can't find any pictures of him with that bass on the net, which is a shame since that bass easily was the prettiest looking Fender MM bass ever made.

12. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    I saw that bass in the article, although i first though it was a negative of his 77. I had always wondered why fender never made a black finished mm 4. If they did I'd probably have to buy one! Anybody have pics of Marcus' bass :(

13. dave.b

dave.b

Oct 31, 2007
    warrington
    whats the colour of that mm bass pick guard ? and where can i get one ?
    it looks perfect