1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus Miller Jazz pricing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EAdanikDG, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Hi, I've noticed that the Marcus Miller 5, is twice the price of the same model 4. Why?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The Marcus Miller 5 is American Made, where the Marcus Miller 4 is Japanese.

3. Ok, but why? Does Marcus Miller actually use a 4?

4. rabidwolverine

rabidwolverine Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Smyrna,Georgia
    i actually did not know that, i guess that explains why when you see him play his actual fender signature live, its usually the 5 string.

5. Thanks rabidwolverine, that kinda explains my second question. :D

6. So they just make the 4 in Japan, coz he doesn't actually use it so they don't care?

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Marcus uses custom shop replica's of his '77 Jazz I believe. Or a fiver.

Making the four string signature model in Japan allows it to be in a more affordable price range.

8. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    IMHO they both are great basses. Enjoy the 4 at its present price or better yet get one used before they raise its price. :)

9. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    The B string is made of Gold

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020