Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller live...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Apr 13, 2005.

1. ROCKS ! It was my first Jazz concert and probably the best in my life :bassist: It wasn't a typical Jazz gig ( rather a mix of jazz , funk ,soul , rock , reggae ). The show was sold out and the band was great ( especially the sax player ) . They mostly played songs from siler rain. I never thought that an audience at a jazz gig could be so loud :D

don't miss them ! tour dates

2. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah, MM live concerts are GREAT!
    I saw him last year on our Czech biggest Jazz Fest, and it was great... Absolutely sold-out 3000 people hall, great 1 1/2 hours of music... Absolutely great!! All musicians were great! From Dean Brown on guitar, Poogie Bell on Drums to Marcus on Bass!

3. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Why does he hardly tour the states? :bawl:

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Unfortunately the States don't seem to support & respect the Jazz scene like they do in Europe & Japan :eyebrow:

5. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree! :bawl: :crying:

6. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Going to see him at the clinic he's holding before the concert here in Bergen Norway. Not often big name bassists come to this corner of the world. So it will definitly be a great experience for all us bassists (and other musicians) to see him play here.

7. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    Well he's finally back in the UK. I've booked a table at jazz Cafe in London for July :hyper:

8. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Same here, it's gonna be great! What a day, first the clinic then the concert! Can't get better than that!

9. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    AHH! He neeeeds to play the east coast again sometime ... I understand his popularity over the pond, but I know he'd pick a house here in Boston.

If you're from the states, esp. the east coast - goto marcusmiller.com and post on his Board that you want him to come back!

10. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    a few years ago('01?) marcus played in chicago at a fairly large club called green dolphin street,two show's packed house, $25 bucks a head. great show but, the promoter told me he got yelled at because the club didn't make enouth money because people "didn't drink enouth" and "only drank cheap beer"(the cheapest beer there was 6 bucks) europe and asia get all the great jazz tours in nice venues

11. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    i guess i should have been on the clinic in bergen, norway tomorrow, but neither do i have the intrest of him as a bassist or his music or the money to go...

12. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    And you point is? :confused:

13. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Not all of europe...the day I'll see Marcus Miller playing here is the day I switch to guitar, never :( , no big audience for it, altough a new local funk/soul/jazz scene has been slowly growing lately, years to come may bring more groove to these stops :)

14. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Well i must say that Marcus Miller had a great clinic here in Bergen Norway yesterday (16.april). Great tips for us bassists and nice playing. Great that he took his drummer and keyboard player along aswell! :)

15. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    You americans are so spoiled. How do you think aussies feel? There is bassically 0 percent chance of Marcus Miller of victor wooten coming to us. :crying:

BTW, i watched a marcus miller performance at a canadian jazz festival on the ovation channel, and it was simply stunning :cool: . i finally understand how he uses fingerstyle altough he has a pickup protector.

16. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    So what does this have to do with the people here on this thread,asking why he doesn't play in the states more often. ?.

17. Feda

Feda Screwed up pitch

Jan 12, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hell yea! Great clinic:) The concert was great as well, allthough the finishing act was a tad too long, but hey, it's all good:)

18. Wrong - Victor Wooten has already been to Australia with Bela Fleck..... but the chances of Marcus coming are pretty slim.