Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller: Master Of All Trades

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bass_me, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Bass_me

Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    Have anyone seen and heard the new music dvd from The Slap Groove Master, Marcus Miller?

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    What's the name of the DVD?

3. JazzBassvb

JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Um, Master of All Trades. (Unless the original poster edited the thread title and added it later)

I can't wait for this to come out in the US. I've heard good things at Marcus' site and am looking forward to it.

JB

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    er....a...doh! I guess a better go to bed now :oops:

5. from what i've read on his site, it might be awhile before it hits the US. He's also ending his Silver Rain tour after an extensive European and Japanese stint, but only a few New York and California dates for the US. :bawl:

6. Little G

Little G

Feb 27, 2003
    I got a few weeks back and definatly recommend it to any Marcus fans and any other bass player for that matter.

2hr concert from the Knitting factory 2 years back. You can hear in Marcus solos some of the beginnings of tracks from Silver Rain.

The direction is probably the best I have seen enabling you to get a good look at technique etc. Not the usual direction where it gets to a bit where you want to see what he's doing and then the camera pans to his feet :eyebrow:

The bonus disk is again around 2hrs and very informative with interviews from Omar hakim, Dean Brown, Lenny White, Chris Jisi, Marcus' dad and wife, Stanley Clarke, Bill Withers, Luther to name a few.

Teh bonus disk also has some bonus tracks including his famous slapped version of Teen Town

7. Bass_me

Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    Theres is two availble editions of it - one with only 1 dvd and one with 2 dvds, but I can´t find anywhere what the difference is!?

Do you know?

8. I think that there are a bonus disk with the DVD.

Jeg har bestilt min hos www.cdskiven.dk ;)

-Christian

9. Bass_me

Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe