Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marcus Miller - new live cd and maybe DVD!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DigMe, Sep 25, 2002.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey! This is old news to anyone that's been to Marcus' website recently but he's got a new "live bootleg" CD coming out October 1st. Here's what he had to say about his new live stuff in response to a post on his website message board:

DVD! Sweet! That TV show concert that they are recording is pay-per-view by the way and it's going to be recorded in Cali.

You can go to the following link to see the setlist (it's a doozy!) for the CD:

www.marcusmiller.com/news_entry.html?newsid=18&color=1

Brad Cook

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow MM using MiniDisc as a master source!!!! I'm a big MiniDisc advocate, particularly for live recording, but holy crap what a huge surprise this is. Many people turn their nose up at this format.

I'll be buying, I'm sure the CD will look great next to my "Live + More" (and other MM albums).

Where can I buy this disc? Anywhere? Amazon?

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    From what I understand the CD is going to be available through www.marcusmiller.com.

Yeah I dig Minidisc too and have recorded plenty of concerts through it myself. He wouldn't normally use minidisc to make an official realease but he said the idea here was that so many people are sneaking recorders into his concerts and secretly recording it and releasing the CD's themselves that they decided to turn the tables and release their own "bootleg." The thing is this one is recorded directly from the soundboard and is a mix of all the best performances from their whole tour. So it's the ultimate boot!

Will be available through the webpage on Oct. 1st.

I'm also a big fan of Live+More. That hasn't left my regular rotation of CD's for the past two years or so. Great album. I'll be interested to see how Panther has changed with time and a new band since L+M. I wish Tutu was on the new one. The CD is going to be called the "Ozell Tapes" btw.

brad cook

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    BTW Brad I like the name.

Dig Me. But Don't ... Bury Me.

5. I love MM and will probally look into this when it is available but the first DVD didn't do much for me.

It was good but not very exciting to watch.

YMMV

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You got it, phil. ;)

brad cook

7. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Looking forward to all of that.

I have the live in concert DVD that came out 1-2 years ago, and it's great. The sound quality is excellent and the camera gets in real close on some of his solos.

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i want that DVD!!!11

9. I jus ordered the live bootleg CD today :D cant wait for it to get here. From what ive heard the CD is amazing.

Im mad that the DVD isnt coming out until sometime next year though that sucks!

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There's also a German MM DVD out there with an hours worth of live stuff that was taped for the legendary German live music show Ohne Filter.

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    yep JMX, that's the one that I have. I forgot to mention the fact that it's a European distribution. I was surprised to find it in both Borders and Tower Records in Hawaii.