Marcus Miller on Sax

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rangerz715, Aug 16, 2004.

1. I know this is a long shot but I went to a jazz concert the other day and there was a really great sax player names Marcus Miller. Now I know "thee" Marcus Miller is a bass player but he does play sax and I found this picture of him playing sax so I know he does still play. one thing I noticed was that the sax player I saw had long dreads and that in the pictures I've found of him Marcus Miller doesn't. So what I'm pretty much asking is if anybody know if Marcuse Miller has dreads at the moment. He he, thanks.

On a side note it was a great concert which I might write more about later. Peace.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Yeas, Marcus Miller plays bass clarinet and soprano sax. I haven't heard him on sax that much, but he kills on bass clarinet. I understand that Miles Davis told him that bass clarinet was his true instrument or something to that affect.
  3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I actually understood that Miles told him that he really got his instrument with the bass. And not with the bass-clarinet, although he plays it very well.... in fact I would love to hear him once on it. (I saw him twice, but played only bass. :bawl: )

Quite the opposite of what you propose, but I can be wrong too. :eyebrow:
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    The story is that during the "Amadala" sessions, Marcus pulled out his bass clarinet, and Miles said "hey Marcus, you found your voice!"
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    One little problem with the caption...that's a soprano sax!

It's cool, cause I'm a sax player too!