Marcus Miller - Power of Soul = EBS Octabass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jerry J, May 17, 2005.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Has anyone heard "Power of Soul" on Marcus' new Silver Rain album? Would you say that he's probably using the EBS Octabss on that track?

That is such an awesome tune. :bassist: I keep playing it over and over.
  2. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    i dunno about marcus but i bought a ebs octaver, the first model from the bass centre in london and it was crap! apart from the bass centre posting me an obvious used version (it had scratches all over it) it didnt track very well, only on the D and G strings but i can track myself on the D and G strings by fretting a lower octave note with my thumb!
  3. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I used to have an EBS octaver more than five years ago, but it got stolen. I remember it working pretty well, though. Everyone and their mother was raving about EBS effects back then.
  4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies but I was hoping that soemone that was familier with Marcus Miller's new CD. And knew whether Marcus is using an octave pedal on the cut "Power Of Soul".
  5. i love that track man and yeah i think it is an octave pedal, on his site he lists what his gear is i know there are a copule of ebs pedals on there, so check it out.