marcus miller signature model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by claypool, Oct 15, 2002.

1. claypool

Jul 6, 2000
    Seoul Korea
    i'm planning of getting a fender marcus miller signature model for $1200. I know it's not
    one of the top line products of Fender(japan),
    i just want to know what people think..
  2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Is it $1200 because its in Korea? Is it new? I'm not too familar with the MM model, but that seems really high to me. But if that's just overseas cost, then OK.

Have you played the bass? Do you know you like it? If you are buying it for the name, or the color of the bass, or something even crazier (impressing girls maybe?;) ) then don't do it. As you will be destined to dislike it. If you've played it and like it, and that's a good price over there, DO NOT hesitate. Good luck.

3. Haven't played one but it know the MIJ's are very good quality, almost that of the MIA's

That badass bridge is a great addition, i had one on my 94 J bass, what a sweet feel that thing gives you.
  4. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    they are nice basses for what they are (production line Fender), some are better than others, make sure to play one first if you can. $1200 sounds about right for a new one. Used you can get them for @ $650-700 (maybe less) here in the USA
  5. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I have one and I love mine! I even did the wiring modification at the switch witch saves the battery and allows the bass to play in a true passive mode. This bass has no midrange control but sounds great without it.
  6. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    I have a Marcus with the U-retro installed. It makes a big difference to the sound!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  7. claypool

Jul 6, 2000
    Seoul Korea
    i've read your posts and decided to buy one.. actually.. it's sitting right next to me!! I love the sound... i'm trying to hook it up with an Agullar Pre-amp..which will sound even closer to Marcus Miller..

i'll post my picture later on.. thankyou
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i would love a 5 string version of it....

but is not going to happen :(

meanwhile, there's the Roscoe Beck V... which is the next bass on my GAS list (maybe for the mid 2003 though :( )