1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Marcus Miller Techniques

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by steve2, Apr 8, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I have played bass for many years. A lot of root /fifths and a lot of good basic playing. I have attempted to learn Marcus Miller's Power and did learn parts of it. My problem I have no idea his techniques such as slap, pop etc. I just dont know the proper way to get the tone I hear. I have a concert DVD of his and really cant figure it out. Just wondering if there are some kind of DVD that covers these methods.

Thanks

Steve

2. Steve2,
    Unfortantely, there aren't any instructional vids out there covering Marcus' technique, but check out some of the older posts' on TB covering some of the thing's Marcus does, like double thumpin' moving picking hand around for different tones, attack, and left hand muting. And, listening to those C.D.'s!

Bobbo 77'

3. Check out this website: http://www.slappyto.net/Cours/?p=0#M

It's in french but you have tabs and videos accompanying each song so you shouldn't have too much difficulty understanding the techniques.

4. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    Thanks I will do more research. I have been thinking about taking some lessons online. I will make another post concerning that.

Thanks for the info and link

Steve