1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marcus Miller was at Chene Park in Detroit Wednesday night......

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by malthumb, Jun 26, 2014.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    .....and so was I

117e7ff5ebf853146206edb46500f667_zps52667a2b.

2. hernameisrio

hernameisrio

Sep 27, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Cool! I saw him at the Highline Ballroom in New York City last night…loved it, especially "Blast" and the cover of "Papa Was A Rolling Stone." The song where he played bass clarinet was really beautiful too. The only thing my friend and I were curious about….why didn't he play the fretless?? Did he play it in Detroit at all?

3. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'm working on his tune "Detroit" right now. I love the groove on that one. The guy's got loads of chops, but his sense of melody and groove are what make him great in my book.

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    He did not. I think he is doing a stream of consciousness thing. It was there in case the mood and the crowd took him there. He didn't do "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" but he did do a hot medley on "Mr. Magic" and a Parliament tune.

5. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    He's playing the Montreal Jazz Festival next week and I was curious about his band. Would love to see the show but opted for Sly & Robbie instead.