Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I just got back from Mardi Gras. Drove 1000 miles from Charlottesville, VA to New Orleans and let me tell you it was well worth it. The biggest party I've ever seen, the natives are some of the nicest people ever, and oh yeah tons of boobies:D
  2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Not bad, for something that means Fat Tuesday :D
  3. My American Government teacher was wearing a big string of beads on can look as far into that as you like, I'd rather leave it at that.
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I think it's pretty sad that the apparent culmination of the modern woman chooses to sacrifice their dignity for some cheap plastic beads.
  5. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I think it's great
  6. :D
  7. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga

I think my gaydar just went off........:eek:

8. Kinda like how the culmination of thousands of years of scientific, medical and philosophical research, development and innovation have left us with more time to enjoy Celebrity Boxing, MTV, Starbucks Coffee, and SUVs?

P.S. Phatham, My brother and father both went to UVA, nice school.
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Obviously a man who has never been to New Orleans. Hell, even here in Mobile, Mardi Gras shuts down the whole city, it seems.
    It's not all the beads, dubloons, trinkets, etc. Mardi Gras is the day to lose all your inhibitions and have one last chance at fun before the 40 days of Lent, which is supposed to be a very solomn(sp?) time of prayer and reflection.

Of course, it started as a Catholic tradition, and I would bet that devout Catholics are a vast minority of those actually participating in the parties and parades. :D
  10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Well I shot 9 rolls of film, but most of what I shot would be unsuitable for talkbass. I have to send them off to be developed and then scan ones that would be suitable for this board, so it'll probably take at least a week (hey I'm lazy).
  11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Well it's not like every girl there is walking around topless. Only a small percentage of the people there actually expose anything.

Mardi Gras in New Orleans can actually be a lot of fun for people of all ages male or female. There are tons of parades and lots to do besides just hang around Bourbon Streets looking for nudity.
  12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Wahoowa! :D
  13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I'm sure this was a joke so it's all good but I have a girlfriend as I am sure you can tell from my avatar...I am about as far from gay as you can get but I have no need to prove it or anything.

SoCom- No I have not been near New Orleans but stuff goes on here in San Diego as well. I know the history of Mardi Gras and what it is supposed to be, but I still think it's an incredibly stupid event.

BigWill - I don't think SUV's and Starbucks can be compared to women voluntarily making sluts of themselves. MTV and celebrity boxing are something else though...
  14. Thats your girlfriend?:eek:
  15. haha i know your joking but i could see the arm around his shoulders
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

How mature.
  17. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
  18. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

No man thats my sisters arm. I was refering to what I say under my avatar lol. :D
  19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Dude, don't you ever unwind a little, or are you really as uptight as you seem most of the time? I'm guessing you probably wouldn't know a good time if it were sitting on your face :D I will agree with you to an extent though, but there are 2 kinds of women: The kind you marry, and the kind you throw some cheap plastic to at MG :D