Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mario on guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TimothyGroovy, Mar 22, 2004.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
  2. dude...whoa

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I really, really want to like that, but I don't.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That was neat, more of "I found the perfect combination of effects!!" than anything. The playing was kind of mediocre for the most part, but just *sounded* really good.

I loved the harmonics though, that was awesome.

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I got sound but no video, is that what's supposed to happen?

Really cool!

My friend Bart Grantham did a similar project a few years ago. Check it out.

Click Here!

I rememger Bart (who is classically trained) saying that he was -very- impressed with the musicianship behind the songwriting. That song has some really crazy modes and chords.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    the sad fate of a lot of early video game music, the guys behind them are really quite impressive composers, but given the medium of blips and bleeps, and all electronically made, a lot of people dismiss it as not-music.

Case in point, all the final fantasy music, which even in the days of NES, was still very impressive, and now, the latest in FF X, is just jaw droppingly good. (X-2 was done by a two guys, and neither hold a candle to nobou uematsu who did all the other FF games)