Mario theme on bass.. ON 11 STRINGS

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by enigmaticzidon, Jan 20, 2006.

1. enigmaticzidon

Dec 5, 2005
  2. yeah, thats Jean Baudin on bass...thats been on here before, and he's also a member here on TB
  3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Hmm, I wonder if that's the Flash Video conversion I did on Jean's original Quicktime?

Jun 2, 2005
    has anyone the bach movie?
  5. RoVaughn

Oct 8, 2005
    I've never seen it before....thanks for posting......... that was pretty amazing. he had it down to a tee even the coins at the end of the board. Oh well yet another thing I will probably never be able to do.....and that instrument.thing......can that really still be called a bass? How can my lil 4 string fender and that be in the same ball park? If they built a beat machine on that thing its a whole band!!!
  6. I saw it a while back, here on TB, but it's worth posting again. There's so many new people that sign up here, that they deserve to see it too. It's really something. Thanks for finding it again.:D
  7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    very impressive. and the joust sounds incredible.
  8. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Yup, Jean is the man.
  9. i love all the moronic uninformed comments (with the exception of the person who corrected them about ken making it). some people, i swear
  10. pft, he only uses like 8 of those strings. what a hack.
  11. joeyhimself

Jul 17, 2005
    He makes that asian kid with the mullet look foolish.
  12. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Damn, that was really cool!
  13. Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland

Well, the piece is completely playable on a 24-fretted 4 stringer after changing the key, although it does require some crazy position shifts. Don't know about the part that is played when you finish the stage, because I never achieved that level of advancement in the game.;)

Cool, playing, Jean! You inspired me a lot.
  14. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i love the comments left by youtube members..

"F-bass makes that one", "wow, a chapman stick!" :smug:
  15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002

JT's not asian.

16. LOL!!! He's playing a penis extension!!1!!!

- Dave
  17. HAHA :D
  18. StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    wHOA!! Iwas expecting just to hear the bassline of mario, and i was saying "well, i know how to play that!" but heck, he plays the bass and the lead!.
  19. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    I believe that was one of his first times playing the Joust too, if so, then you really gotta give him props for pulling that off.