Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Bass amp and bergantino cabs???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bennito, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Mark Bass amp heads and Bergantino cabs. I was specfically looking at the Mark Bass S450 and a couple options for the Bergantino: either the HT322 or the HT112 with a EX112.

Anyone know anything? I played out of them just once and really dug it, but I just wanted to see what you all thought.

Thanks!

2. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome to Talkbass! I haven't seen much discussion around here about the Mark Bass heads, but there is lots of good commentary on the Bergs (use the search function to take a look for yourself). I love my 112s - whenever I show up somewhere new with them, people look at the small size and give me one of those "are you joking?" looks :eyebrow:

But when I crank it up, their :eyebrow: turns into :eek: !

They are loud, clear, punchy, well-built, portable, versatile. I love the sound of the 322 as well - in fact, I went in to buy one of those when I walked out with the 112s as I really liked the sound of the 10s. The 322 just wouldn't fit into my car, though so after playing through the 12s for a while, I decided to take them home. Now I can fit my head, both cabs and two basses into the car and have more amp than I've really ever needed.

3. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Sounds like you have been to Club Bass in Toronto.

I have a Bergantino HT210 and HT115 that I bought at Club Bass. I don't think you can go wrong with a Bergie from Club Bass. I do like dealing with Dave Freeman at Club Bass. He'll steer you in the right direction for your needs. I bought my iAMP800 there as well but you can get EA at Club Bass right now but that and the Bergies are AWESOME!!!

4. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    You're right about Club Bass. Dave is awesome! I'm just waiting for my Lakland 55-01 to arrive and while I was there I checked out the amps. The price is right, and I just wanted to know what you thought! Thanks a lot!

5. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    The bass I want from Club Bass is the Sadowsky Metro 5er that there right now. Did you play that one?

6. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    No, I was too scared to play any Sadowsky bass. I stuck to the Laklands. I knew that if I played a Sadowsky and then bought a Lakland (since that's all I can afford) I wouldn't appreciate the Lakland as much.

But I actually just spoke to Dave on the phone and I'm going down there tomorrow to check out the Mark Bass again. Should be fun . . .

7. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Must . . . not . . . touch . . .Sadowsky . . . must . . .be . . .happy . . . with . . . Marcus Miller V . . . .

8. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Too true, too true.

9. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    You know I tried the sadowskys Dave has and decided I like my Laklands I bought from him better......
    Wish I could buy the 55O2 in black that he has.....nice!

Yes, Dave is great to deal with and gives you all the time and patience you ever need..

Cheers
    Murphy