Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Bass Amps???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cosmo_Smallpiece, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Does anyone know anything about Mark bass amps. It's an Italian make, just recently imported into the UK
    The GAK in Brighton stocks them and they seem to be quite powerful for the price.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I live in italy where these amps are made.

website is www.markbass.it

i have a little mark head and a traveler 102 cabinet.

i tried almost everything they produce. i think these are really good amps. with a really clean and powerful tone. i usually refers to them as a more rounded less aggressive gallien krueger type of tone.

i am totally satisfied with my amp which has a neodymium equipped cab abd is superlight a really really powerful.

try one. you will be for sure interested.

if you have further questions, just ask.

3. Hi, thanks for your reply.

I was just looking around for a cheapish amp to use as a spare cos my Ashdown has just croaked, and a shop I phoned told me he'd just got this new Italian make in.

They seemed to have a lot of watts for the money so I was quite interested, but having never heard of the make I was a bit wary, but since I posted this I've done a search and all the comments I've seen have been very positive, so I'll probably give it a try.

I had a look at the Mark website and was quite amazed how little the 4x10 weighs so maybe I'll end up buying one of those too.

4. Yes thanks Smash. Maybe I should have done the search before I posted. I'd never heard of this make before so didn't expect to see so many comments

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
  6. So how many watts is that and what sort of music do you play and what sort of size venues?

7. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2001
    New York, New York
    The cabinets all have B&C neodymium speakers which are not only high quality... they're super light. I just may be buying a Traveler 104 :cool:

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Is it me or does the Mark Bass HT-503 head look the same as the Ernie Ball MM HD-500 head?

9. You need good prices??
    Look at this:
    http://www.luckymusic.com/it/

They ship worldwide, it's europe, you're in england, the prices are tax included, so you won't need to pay taxes...
    Livra is better than euro, you'll pay less...

There are no lower prices than in Italy!
    Can't find and I try...

If you want more infos, email them, ask for mauro (who speaks english!) and he will give you all infos you need!
    I tried tham with a F Bass, the sound is very good, and the cabs very light.

Hope it helps
    Vince

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've been waiting for Markbass to come to the US for over a year now. Finally the shop I go to, www.rockcityguitar.com, is a dealer. One of only two in the US so far. I'm really excited to go check out the little Markbass amp that they have right now. As soon as they get the s450 in I'm going to get one.

Do you guys with Markbass amps have the bags that you can get for them? The bags aren't available here yet. I may just have one sent over from Italy.

11. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    yes, Markbass designed and built the MusicMan HD-500 head and the audiophile cabinets for Ernie Ball.

that's why tou see some similarities.

I have the gig bag for the Markbass:

[​IMG]

A really confortable way to carry around this little head which, has 280W at 8 ohm (i use this way now) and 450W at 4 ohm. and i play in a hard rock cover band. As said before these amps are superclean sounding and really really puncky and powerful. I find them much more powerful that the ampeg for example which for me is really approximative about wattage. to add some crunchy overtones i use a MXR M-80.

A little mark is much louder that a SVT3-pro for me.

you can have the complete Markbass products overview here: http://www.markbass.it/products.php

and the cabinets are really feather. my traveler 102 is quite lighter than the head....

12. Barroso, do you have to take it out of the bag for gigs, or does it have holes for the leads and fan cooling.

Tried out the Little Mark head and Traveller 104 this morning and was so impressed I bought both. Great sound, simple to use and the cab is the lightest 4x10 I've ever come across. The only minor niggle I've got is that the amp has no handles, hence the bag question. I'll have to see if I can get one direct from the manufacturer.

I only went in there to get a spare amp while mine is being repaired. GAS strikes again.

13. Thanks for the info Vince. Now if only I had the patience to ship something from Italy.......

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Andy, the gigbag has holes for the fan cooling.

Since i boughy the gig bag my head has never left it.

here the holes:

[​IMG]
    please note the this picture is referring to the old little mark. the one you have could have, just like mine, the cooling fan in the right side (looking the in front of the head). So the gig bag will have the holes on the right.

I use mine always in the gig bag and i have never had a problem.

by the way i am glad you liked the amp. is good to see an italian brand doing such great things...

15. Yes, now I'm interested in the Studio 103. Club Bass in Toronto has them. They are light and the price seems right.

Geoff

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This stuff sounds great. For the money you just can't beat it. Unfortunately, I heard the little mark and the 210 combo with the little mark next to a Walter Woods and Bergantino cabs. That was a mistake. The 210 combo really is quite impressive though, especially considering how much I hate everything neo speaker wise that I've heard. The Italians are really doing something right with them as opposed to the Americans.

17. How would you compare the difference in sound between the Bergs and the Mark Bass cabs?

Thanks,
    Geoff

18. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Get THIS:

I was playing my electric gig last night and simultaneously watching the Method Man and Redman show on the plasma screen TV in the back of the club. I'll be damned if I didn't see the Markbass 2x10 with yellow head in the background on the show. I'm 100% positive it was there, I believe in the house Method and Red live in on the show.

No, I've seen bass amps placed like this before, but a Markbass rig? That's pretty crazy, considering there are barely any in the country from what I know. Of course, it did look pretty sharp.

Will

19. I used my Markbass head and 4x10 at band practise for the first time last night and the other guys were all impressed with the sound. They were saying wow, I can really feel the bass.

The last cab I used was a Ashdown 4x8, and this post isn't intended to criticise Ashdown, but I guess a 4x10 will always shift more air than a 4x8.

The main reason I bought it was because it is so light at 55lbs, my last 4x10 was 95lbs, but it sounds good too. Then again, for £800 I would expect something a bit special.

20. Which 4x10 do you have? The traveler of the studio? If it is the traveler, is it ported? I am interested in the studio 103 and perhaps the 4x10 as well. Just looking for some info.

Thanks,
    Geoff