1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Bass CMD102P- cutting out and tweeter gone freq nasty

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimmyjammer, May 2, 2010.

1. jimmyjammer

jimmyjammer

Jul 28, 2008
    Australia
    Hoping for some advice on two questions:

1. Playing live the other night with my Mark Bass CMD102P combo (and 8OHM 4 x 10 cab) the other night at an outdoor show and the sound cut out completely. The blue power lamp remained lit and the signal to the line-out jack uninterrupted (the bass could be heard out front through the PA which was taking a line from the back of the amp). Switching the amp on and off fixed it, then 5 minutes later sound goes missing again. :spit:

Thermal shutdown? Something worse?

2. I am getting an intermittent buzzing through the Mark Bass piezo which sounds a bit like radio interference. I don't think it is dirty power, as it happens at various locations (home, studio, etc). Dialling out the high frequencies makes it less noticable, but to my mind this shouldn't be happening. :rollno: Someone said it sounds like a mobile phone causing the noise...

Has anyone else experienced this intermittent buzzing with the Mark Bass combo?

Thanks guys :help:

2. jimmyjammer

jimmyjammer

Jul 28, 2008
    Australia
    No one out there can help...?

3. jimmyjammer

jimmyjammer

Jul 28, 2008
    Australia
    Here I am with a bass question... meanwhile the 'Name That Movie' thread has 700+ replies... :rollno:

4. I'm missing the name the movie thread?? Sorry Bro, can't help with MarkBass but the crickets were getting loud. :)

5. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    I was trying out my LMII with my Schroedder Mini 12+L the other day. I had just received a new pedal by mail. An Xotic BB Bass Preamp. So I decided to try it out in the den (not too loud since I have neighbours). All over sudden I could hear a man's voice coming through the speaker. I couldn't make out the words but it was a phone conversation, of that I'm sure.....I have used this LMII at rehearsal many times before and since and I never hear anything other than great tone.......Has this happened to anyone else?

6. Gee folks, sounds like the G-K MB2-500 was not alone in the RF pickup trouble! G-K has a fix, MarkBass must by now?

7. jeffwo

jeffwo

Feb 16, 2010
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Jimmy, I just got one of these used and love it - no problems so far. But disparaging TB users is probably not going to get you much help!

8. Could be a faulty crossover filter.